WORKSHOP MANAGER (SWITCHBOARDS)
MGE is part of the McKay Group of Companies. McKay Limited is a 100% NZ owned business that has been providing electrotechnology services since 1936. McKay is a historic New Zealand electrical company with a depth of experience in providing end to end electrical solutions for a wide range of industries and sectors. McKay is the parent brand and has acquired and started a range of companies under the McKay Group name in order to serve all electrical needs.
With 350+ employees and branches in Whangarei, Auckland, Kawerau, Tokoroa, Tauranga, Hamilton and in the USA, the company has a number of significant opportunities for growth.
This position is a critical part of the operation and reports directly to the General Manager. Your main focus is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient delivery of switchboards to our customers and to review and implement production optimisation initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will include:-
· Management and smooth co-ordination of the operations to achieve business objectives
· Establishment of plans and schedules to ensure the business meets agreed contractual SLA’s with their customers
· Reporting of weekly and monthly production performance
· Ensure compliance with all relevant licenses, regulations as well as environmental and safety regulations
· Coordination of weekly workshop meetings and tool box with supervisors and staff.
· To prioritise tenders in accordance with company strategy and to ensure tender proposals meet the necessary standards.
· To effectively develop and maintain with new & existing key stakeholders.
Key Skills & Attributes Required:
· Electrical Trade or Engineering Qualification is mandatory
· Significant experience as a Workshop Manager with no less than 5 years in a switchboard manufacturing environment
· Proven leadership ability in a similar role where you have had responsibility for large manufacturing or production teams
· The ability to communicate directly and clearly at all levels of the business including the ability to manage conflict or challenging customers
· A strong focus on Quality Assurance, Safety and environmental standards.
· A proven “solution seller” to customers.
· Highly motivated and focus oriented, setting difficult challenges and goals.
· Ability to close new business opportunities for own area and associated areas.
· Ability to spot areas for competitive advantage, growth and cost reductions.
· A role model to others in operating in line with company values, beliefs and ethics.
· Strong written & verbal communication skills.
· Effective time management & problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multitask & prioritise responsibilities.
· Ability to take ownership & drive the sales process autonomously.
· A collaborative team player who is customer focused.
· A high level of personal presentation.
· Good technical knowledge of components of job.
· Sound level of computer literacy.
What is in it for you:
· The successful candidate will be rewarded by the support of a knowledgeable & accessible management team.
· A strong quality product to deliver to customers.
· Ongoing product & professional training opportunities.
· A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, subsidised health insurance and industry benefits.
If you feel this opportunity is for you and you wish to grow your career & work for a successful and stable NZ company, kindly apply through this site by completing the application form and submitting it along with a covering letter and CV.
Applicants should be Permanent Residents or New Zealand / Australia citizens and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
SWITCHBOARD TRADE ASSISTANT (FUTURE APPRENTICE)
MGE is part of the McKay Group of Companies. McKay Limited is a 100% NZ owned business that has been providing electrotechnology services since 1936. McKay is a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical engineering and electrical maintenance and contracting company, which is 100% New Zealand owned with a proud history spanning 80 years.
With 350+ employees and branches in Whangarei, Auckland, Kawerau, Rotorua, Tokoroa, Tauranga, Hamilton and in the USA the company has a number of significant opportunities for growth in the coming years.
We are looking for a Trade Assistant who has a drive to learn with the opportunity of becoming an apprentice. This role is for the Whangarei site and will predominantly be workshop based.
The focus of this role is to assist with the completion of all switchboard manufacture to superior standards of safety, quality and service and all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time.
The successful applicant will have:
· Good communication skills.
· The ability to be well organised and to prioritise work tasks, and exercise initiative.
· The ability to problem solve.
· The ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
· An attention to detail.
· A customer service focus.
· The ability to demonstrate experience as a fitter and/ or demonstrate appropriate electrical knowledge.
· The ability to work under pressure.
· The ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
Applicants should be Permanent Residents or New Zealand / Australia citizens.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, kindly apply through this site by submitting a covering letter, CV, driving licence copy and copies of relevant trade qualifications and certificates.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ted Ashby on Ted Ashby