WORKSHOP MANAGER (SWITCHBOARDS)
MGE is part of the McKay Group of Companies. McKay Limited is a 100% NZ owned business that has been providing electrotechnology services since 1936. McKay is a historic New Zealand electrical company with a depth of experience in providing end to end electrical solutions for a wide range of industries and sectors. McKay is the parent brand and has acquired and started a range of companies under the McKay Group name in order to serve all electrical needs.
With 350+ employees and branches in Whangarei, Auckland, Kawerau, Tokoroa, Tauranga, Hamilton and in the USA, the company has a number of significant opportunities for growth.
This position is a critical part of the operation and reports directly to the General Manager. Your main focus is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient delivery of switchboards to our customers and to review and implement production optimisation initiatives.
Your core responsibilities will include:-
· Management and smooth co-ordination of the operations to achieve business objectives
· Establishment of plans and schedules to ensure the business meets agreed contractual SLA’s with their customers
· Reporting of weekly and monthly production performance
· Ensure compliance with all relevant licenses, regulations as well as environmental and safety regulations
· Coordination of weekly workshop meetings and tool box with supervisors and staff.
· To prioritise tenders in accordance with company strategy and to ensure tender proposals meet the necessary standards.
· To effectively develop and maintain with new & existing key stakeholders.
Key Skills & Attributes Required:
· Electrical Trade or Engineering Qualification is mandatory
· Significant experience as a Workshop Manager with no less than 5 years in a switchboard manufacturing environment
· Proven leadership ability in a similar role where you have had responsibility for large manufacturing or production teams
· The ability to communicate directly and clearly at all levels of the business including the ability to manage conflict or challenging customers
· A strong focus on Quality Assurance, Safety and environmental standards.
· A proven “solution seller” to customers.
· Highly motivated and focus oriented, setting difficult challenges and goals.
· Ability to close new business opportunities for own area and associated areas.
· Ability to spot areas for competitive advantage, growth and cost reductions.
· A role model to others in operating in line with company values, beliefs and ethics.
· Strong written & verbal communication skills.
· Effective time management & problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multitask & prioritise responsibilities.
· Ability to take ownership & drive the sales process autonomously.
· A collaborative team player who is customer focused.
· A high level of personal presentation.
· Good technical knowledge of components of job.
· Sound level of computer literacy.
What is in it for you:
· The successful candidate will be rewarded by the support of a knowledgeable & accessible management team.
· A strong quality product to deliver to customers.
· Ongoing product & professional training opportunities.
· A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, subsidised health insurance and industry benefits.
If you feel this opportunity is for you and you wish to grow your career & work for a successful and stable NZ company, kindly apply through this site by completing the application form and submitting it along with a covering letter and CV.
Applicants should be Permanent Residents or New Zealand / Australia citizens and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.